Ministries for Adults
Where some churches end their student ministry in the 12th grade, we desire to serve those who have exited high-school and have often left home for work or further education. Since these young adults face critical decisions that affect the rest of their lives, they need their faith communities more than ever. LEARN MORE
Our mission is to equip and encourage men to become disciples of Jesus Christ and grow in their personal relationship with Him, to disciple others, to be servant-leaders in their homes, to sacrificially love their wives, to lovingly teach and lead their children and to use their spiritual gifts to serve others. LEARN MORE
The Women’s Ministry exists to glorify God by providing experiences and resources that encourage, support and equip women to extend the love, grace and truth of Jesus Christ. LEARN MORE
Celebrate Recovery is a ministry designed to help those struggling with hurts, hang-ups, and habits by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through the recovery process. The purpose of Ogletown Baptist Church´s Celebrate Recovery ministry is to fellowship and celebrate God´s healing power in our lives through the “8 Recovery Principles.” LEARN MORE
Homebound Ministry - The primary purpose of the ministry is to provide assistance and fellowship to those within Ogletown Baptist Church who are “homebound” and unable to participate in normal church activities. For those invovled with the ministry, it is an opportunity to provide care for physical, emotional, social or spiritual needs of individuals or families that might benefit from the assistance. The ministry is a means to reach out to other believers, to provide encouragement/support, and to actively serve our Lord.
Joy Fellowship – The Joy Fellowship Ministry seeks to provide Christian fellowship and worship with other senior adults (50+ singles and couples) while presenting information regarding relevant topics for seniors. This ministry provides opportunities and encourages seniors to become involved in other areas of ministry by volunteering and serving others regardless of age. For more information regarding our monthly meetings or other activities, please contact ministry leaders Wayne & Sandy Shufelt or Aarne & Helen Harju.
Adult Singles (50+)
- Community Outreach Ministry - The purpose of our ministry is to provide a friendly and safe environment to minister to single adults and expressly model Christ’s love. Throughout the year, uplifting programs are designed with a focus on the love of Christ as we share in food, fellowship, and fun. Some of the gatherings may be strictly social while others will include a learning event. Our mission is to honor God by:
- Providing opportunities for spiritual growth for adult singles (50+).
- Creating favorable circumstances for fellowship and adventure, and
- Reaching out to adult singles who do not have a personal relationship with Christ.
- Adult Singles (50+) Sunday School Class - Our in-depth Bible Study is facilitated by Bruce and Debbie Hoogestraat and meets during the first Worship Service/Sunday School Hour from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Sunday School Class Fellowship opportunities include:
- A monthly gathering planned/hosted by class member (rotating schedule)
- Occasional ‘at home’ old movie night
- Sunday Lunches
- Impromptu Gatherings
Prayer Chain Ministry - This ministry is available to anyone who is in need of intercessory prayer for an event in their life for which they have an overwhelming concern. The Prayer Chain is made up of prayer warriors who recognize the power of God to change lives for His glory. Prayer needs can be communicated to Marcia Paxton.